Get Stickies App on Mac: The Stickies app on your Mac is a built-in tool that works like physical sticky notes.
As you’ve both the Notes and Reminders apps, but still you’re wondering why the Stickies app is even necessary. Well, Stickies offer some cool little features and unlike Notes and Reminders, you have the note you need stuck right to your screen.
In our guide, I am going to show you all the features of Stickies and how to get a stickies app on Mac.
All about the Stickies app
Here’s what we’ll cover in this guide:
- Open the Stickies app
- Create a note
- Customize your notes
- Navigate Stickies
- Arrange your notes
- Export to the Notes app
Open the Stickies app
You can open Stickies in different ways, depending on your preference.
- You can open it from the Applications folder in your Dock.
- Open it from Launchpad or Spotlight.
- Ask Siri to open Stickies.
Create a note
While creating a note open the Stickies app and click File > New Note from the menu bar.
Customize your notes
Like other apps you can customize notes you create in Stickies. You can do the following things:
- Change the font style or size
- Make text bold or italics
- Resize it
- Choose a color for your note
If you want to change the font, select it and either right-click and then choose an option from the Font pop-out. You can also click Font from the menu bar and pick an option. You can change the style, size, color, or apply a format.
Here are other ways to customize your notes:
- Resize a note: Simply click and drag one of the edges.
- Change Color: Select it, tap Color from the menu bar, and pick the new color.
- Make it semi-transparent: Tap Window > Translucent from the menu bar.
- Add an image or PDF: Simply drag it from its location and drop it onto your note.
- Create a List: Open the notes and press Option + Tab. A dash pop up appears so you can make a bulleted list. To move further, press the Tab And to end a list, then press Return twice after the last item.
Each time when you open Stickies, all your notes will appear.
When you have a Stickies note on the screen, you can minimize it using the button on the upper right corner. This will resize or shrink the note to just the title bar.
If you want to put a note into full-screen mode, click the triangle on the right of the title bar and to remove a note. Click the button on the top left of the title bar.
Arrange your notes
You can also arrange Stickies notes on your screen any way you like. All you need to do is just click and drag a note where you want it.
Click Window from the menu bar and then mouse hover over Arrange By. In the pop-out menu, you can choose from Color, Content, Date, or Location on Screen.
In addition, you can also choose to float a note on top or bring them all to the front.
Export to the Notes app
If you want to change all of your Stickies into notes in the Notes app, you can do this too using Export feature. Click File > Export All to Notes.
If you want to move the text from a single note, click File > Export Text. You can also export it to plain text, RTF, or RTFD.
I hope these tips will help you make the most out of Stickies. But if you want to ask more then let us know in the comment section below!