If you recently bought the new Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P smartphone. Then here is good news for you now you can root your device and enjoy the benefits of rooting on your new phone. Thanks again to the XDA developer Chainfire for releasing the new Cf-Auto root tool for Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. With the help of this tool, you can easily get the root access on your phone with the help of the ODIN application. All you need a rooting tool and also ODIN application on your Windows PC. Below is the tutorial which you can follow on your device an PC. In this article, we are going to talk about Rooting Sprint Galaxy S5 Using One-click Auto Root. Let’s begin!
ROOT PACKAGE INFO
Name CF Auto Root One Click Tool Warranty Void Warranty. Stability Stable Without Any Issues Root Manager App SuperSU. It manages root permissions for apps on the device. Credits Chainfire.
Your warranty is void if you follow the given instruction in this guide. We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instructions very carefully and then Perform everything at your own risk.
rooting sprint galaxy s5 SM-G900P
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in the ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SM-G900P!
This guide is specifically for the Sprint Galaxy S5 with model no. SM-G900P. Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been warned!
Backup your Device
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in the rare cases, files on the internal memory, too.
Install Latest Drivers
You must have a proper and also working driver installed on your Windows computer to be able to successfully root your Sprint Galaxy S5. If you are not sure, check the link below.
Download the CF Auto Root file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your computer (just to keep things tidy, that is).
CF AUTO ROOT FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip (21.37 MB)
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after rooting, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract or Unzip the CF-Auto-Root file, CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip on your computer (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files:
- also Odin3.ini
- Disconnect the Galaxy S5 from the PC if it is connected.
- Then double-click the Odin3-v3.07.exe file to open Odin.
- Boot your Galaxy S5 into Download Mode:
- Power off your phone first and wait for 6-7 seconds after the display is off.
- Press and hold these 3 buttons together until you see Warning! screen: Volume Down + Power + Home.
- Press Volume Up now to continue to Download Mode.
└ For further help, check out our post on Galaxy S5 Download Mode.
- Connect Galaxy S5 to PC. Odin window will show an Added!! message in the bottom left box. Odin’s screen would look like this:
If you don’t get the Added! the message, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have installed a driver for Galaxy S5 as said above.
- If you have already installed the driver, then uninstall them and reinstall back.
- Connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Then try a different USB cable. The original cable that came with your phone should work best, if not, try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Reboot the phone and PC and then try again.
- Then load the recovery file (extracted in Step 1) into Odin as instructed below:
- Click on the PDA button on Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root-kltespr–kltespr-smg900p.tar.md5 file (from step 1).
- Now in the Options section of Odin, make sure that the Re-Partition box is unchecked. (Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked, while all other boxes remain unchecked.)
- Double-check the above two steps.
- Click the Start button to begin flashing CF-Auto-root on your Sprint Galaxy S5, and wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left box.
- When you get either RESET! or PASS! the message, your phone will reboot into recovery and root your Galaxy S5 and again restart automatically. You can then disconnect your phone from the PC.
If you see FAIL message instead of the RESET or PASS in Odin’s top left box, that’s a problem. Try this now: disconnect your Galaxy S5 from PC, close Odin, remove phone’s battery and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds, open Odin and then repeat from Step 3 of this guide again.
Also, If the device is stuck at setup connection or on any other process, then too, try this: disconnect your Galaxy S5 from PC, close Odin, remove phone’s battery and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds, open Odin and then repeat from Step 3 of this guide again.
It may happen that your phone does not automatically boot into recovery and root your phone. In that case follow the following above procedure except that in Step 7, Auto Reboot option is un-checked and then the instructions below:
- Pull out the battery and re-insert it.
- Then boot your Sprint Galaxy S5 into Recovery Mode: Press and hold these 3 buttons together: Volume Up + Power + Home.
- Now, this will start the rooting process and will reboot the phone automatically when the process is done.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this rooting sprint galaxy s5 article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How To Download Galaxy Tab E Firmware