Share a Photo using Google Photos Chat: Google has announced a new private messaging feature with that, you can send or receive a message. You can send a message containing a photo or a video.
This new private messaging feature will have a shared picture or a video as the starting point of a conversation after which any number of media can be shared within the thread.
How to use the new chat feature using the Google Photos app on Android
New chats can be created by opening a picture inside the library by clicking the share button. Users can share photos and videos with anyone having a Google Account and have the contact’s name, email address or phone number.
- Both the sender and receiver should have the Google Photos app installed. Make sure the app comes pre-installed, you can always download it from the Play Store (link).
- Also, both the sender and receiver should have active Google accounts.
Follow these steps to use the new private messaging feature on the Google Photos app on Android.
Firstly, Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
Then Open a photo, album, or video.
When the picture is loaded in full-screen, simply click on Share from the bottom left.
- You’ll see a new “Send in Google Photos” section inside the sharing menu.
Choose the user to share it to by:
- Clicking on a suggested contact. The sharing menu will show a few contacts that you’ve interacted with before on Google Photos. Simply choose one of the users to send it to them.
- Now click Search and enter the contact’s name, phone number, or email address. This is when the people you want to send the media to aren’t displayed on the suggested list.
- Choose multiple people to send it to more than one user.
Once the receiver is selected, you can add a text to go with it.
- If not, then proceed to Step 6.
Click on Send.
- A thread will be created to make ongoing conversations with the recipient.
- Users who involved in a thread can further send photos and videos, like them and comment on them over time.
All done! There you go! You can now continue a conversation or make a new one directly inside the Photos app.
Note: Google limits photos in a conversation to 20,000 which means you will no longer be able to share pictures in a single thread after it reaches the 20,000 photo threshold.
For more queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!