OnePlus 5 and 5T smartphones have started getting the October 2019 security patch based on Oxygen OS 9.0.9 official firmware. Now you can download and install this monthly security update on your device and fix the bugs. Their users are waiting for the Oxygen OS 10, which is based on the Android 10 official update. But it has some time to open for these smartphones. The OnePlus is one of the best Chinese smartphones that always releases monthly updates timely to their devices. Also, OnePlus support the older devices and pushing regular updates. Recently, OnePlus pushed out the most recent October 2019 security patch via OTA.
This latest security update comes with some bug fixes, system improvements, new features, and much more. Also, the update brings fluid animations, minimal design, a variety of essential customization options, general bug fixes, and so on. The October 2019 security patch is available via OTA for limited users. If you can’t wait until the update reaches in all regions, then still you can install it manually by following our given below detailed guide.
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned October 2019 security patch, which is working for the OnePlus 5/5T only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper Nandroid backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 5/5T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the OnePlus 5/5T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus OnePlus 5/5T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
- Download OxygenOS 9.0.9 Full OTA for the OnePlus 5
- Download OxygenOS 9.0.9 Full OTA for the OnePlus 5T
How to Install OxygenOS 9.0.9 October 2019 Security Patch For OnePlus 5/5T Update:
1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
2: Download the October 2019 security patch official file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your Oneplus OnePlus 5/5T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
4: Now connect your OnePlus OnePlus 5/5T to your PC/laptop.
5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
7: Now select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideloaded ota.zip
9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation process to be completed. Once the process completes, select reboot from the main Recovery Menu.
Done! These were the complete steps to install OnePlus OnePlus 5/5T October 2019 security patch update.
Let us know in the comment section below if you have any questions or trouble!