Google Meet, known as Hangouts Meet previously, has recently started gaining popularity. After the Mountain View giant announced that it is waiving fees on the premium version of Hangouts until July 1st to assist businesses and schools. In this article, we are about to tell you How to Watch Everyone on Google Meet on PC. Let’s begin!
The service now enables users to conduct group meetings of up to 250 participants in a single call. And the ability to record meetings and save them to Google Drive.
If a lot of people are sharing ideas, you might want to see as many participants as possible on your screen. The following guide will enable you to watch participants in different layouts when you are making a group video call on Google Meet. So if someone turns himself into a banana using Snap Camera filters on Google Meet, you won’t miss out on the fun!
How many people can you see at a time on Google Meet? | Google Meet on PC
Rival services like Zoom allows you to view up to 49 participants on a single screen but with Google Meet, you can view only 16 members of a group video call at a given time. You can do so using the Tiled layout inside Google Meet which will show 16 equally-sized boxes showing a video feed of the last active participants on the screen.
Change screen layouts in a meeting on Google Meet | Google Meet on PC
You can also change the layout of the participants shown on your screen by following these simple steps below.
- Open Google Meet on your PC and join a meeting.
- On the meeting screen, click on the 3-dot icon on the bottom right corner and select the ‘Change layout’ option from the menu.
- In the Change layout box, click on the layout that you want to use.
- Auto: Choosing this will allow Google Meet to choose a layout for you.
- Tiled: This layout shows up to 16 participants equal-sized images of meeting participants. When a presentation is being conducted, the presentation will be shown in a larger format with up to three speakers shown alongside it.
- Spotlight: This offers a full-screen layout with an option to display the presentation, active speaker, or the participant you have pinned. When you pin a participant or presentation, they’re always visible on your screen.
- Sidebar: The main template will show the video feed of a participant or the presentation. The other templates will show the rest of the meeting participants on the right side of the screen.
How to see all participants in Google Meet on PC
Even with the ability to change screen layouts on Meet. Google does not let you view more than 16 participants at the same time on your screen. If you wish to see all participants on Google Meet, there is a workaround involving a Google Chrome extension. You can use the same extension to see every participant in a meeting on a phone.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this Google Meet on PC article and find it helpful to you. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!