While video conferencing apps have definitely brought people together and have helped mimic working conditions, they lack the personal interactions that stem from physical meetings, like how do you catch the host’s attention when you are on a call with 50 other people. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Raise Hand on Zoom – Fully Explained. Let’s begin
Zoom has a really interesting way of allowing users to interact with the host of the meeting by providing nonverbal feedback. One of these feedback options allows participants to raise their hand in a meeting, while simultaneously alerting the host.
How to Raise Hand on Windows PC and Mac
If you happen to be attending a Zoom Meeting from your Windows PC or Macbook. Then follow this guide to learn how to provide nonverbal feedback to the host by raising your hand.
- Launch Zoom and join a meeting.
- Click the ‘Participants’ button at the bottom of the screen. This brings up several options to choose from to provide nonverbal feedback.
- Then select the ‘Raise Hand’ option.
Note: Zoom allows only one type of nonverbal feedback to be active at a time.
How to Raise Hand on Android and iPhone
If you are using the mobile version of the Zoom app, follow this guide to learn how to provide nonverbal feedback to the host by raising your hand.
- Launch the Zoom app and join a meeting.
- Click the ‘More’ button at the bottom right corner of the screen and then select the ‘Raise Hand’ option.
How to Raise Hand on a Phone call
Zoom allows users to dial into meetings directly from a phone, without the use of an application. In such cases, if the participant wishes to raise their hand while in a meeting on a phone. They must dial *9 on their phone’s dial pad.
To lower their hand, the participant must once again dial *9 in the phone’s dial pad.
Where is the Raise Hand icon
When a participant has raised their hand in a meeting, a small hand icon appears next to their name. In order to check whether a participant has their hand raised, click on the ‘Participants’ tab at the bottom of the screen. This will show a list of participants currently on the call. In this list, you will see all the participants who have raised their hands.
Zoom lists the participants in the order in which their hands were raised.
However, in the latest update, the icon has been replaced with the text button that says ‘Raise hand’ as seen in the screenshots above.
Raise Hand option missing?
There can be two reasons for a user not being able to see the Raise hand icon.
- When in fullscreen mode, Zoom minimizes the bottom toolbar to create an immersive experience. If you don’t see the bottom toolbar while in a meeting, here’s what you can do:
- On mobile devices, simply tap the screen of your Zoom meeting and the toolbar will appear. Now you can select the ‘Participants’ tab and select ‘Raise hand’.
- On PC, simply move your mouse on the Zoom meeting screen to reveal the toolbar. You can now click on the ‘Participants’ tab and then click ‘Raise hand’.
- If the host has disabled nonverbal feedback for the meeting, the participants will not see the option to ‘Raise Hand’ or any other feedback. Ask the meeting’s host to enable Nonverbal feedback under his Zoom settings on the web to enable Raise Hand feature.
How to enable Nonverbal feedback in a meeting | Raise Hand on Zoom
Only the host can enable or disable nonverbal feedback in a meeting. Follow these simple steps to find out how.
- Visit Zoom.us and sign in with your username and password.
- Click on the ‘My Account’ tab in the top right corner and then select ‘Settings’ (under ‘Personal’ tab).
- In the ‘Meeting’ tab scroll down to ‘Nonverbal feedback’. Toggle the button on or off to enable or disable the participants to provide nonverbal feedback.
How to lower your hand on Zoom
Whether you are a host acknowledging a participant or a participant who accidentally raised their hand (hey, it happens). Follow these simple steps to lower a hand in a Zoom meeting.
How to lower a participant’s hand
Click the ‘Participants’ button. Hover the mouse over the participant’s name. Click the ‘Lower Hand’ option to lower the raised hand.
How to lower hand yourself
The ‘Raise Hand’ button will be replaced with the ‘Lower Hand’ button once you use the ‘Raise Hand’ option.
So, on PC, go to Participants menu again, and now select the ‘Lower Hand’ button.
And on phone, then tap the ‘Lower Hand’ option after tapping the More button.
How to find all the participants who Raised Hands-on Zoom
The easiest way to view all the participants who have raised hands in the meeting is to click on the raised hand icon you see in the meeting’s screen.
Alternatively, you can also simply check out the ‘Participants’ menu to find the Raised Hand icon next to the participants who raised their hand.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and find it helpful to you. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!