Google Duo is a simple and light video calling application from Google. However, in the age of Zoom and Skype, the fact that the app falls short of important video calling capabilities like group call on PC is rather surprising. In this article, we are going to talk about How to make Google Duo Group calls on Windows and Mac. Let’s begin!
If you use Google Duo you may have noticed that there is no dedicated PC client. Sure, you can hop over to Duo’s Web client and make a call to your friend, but if you were looking to video chat with more than one person, we won’t blame if you felt a tad devastated upon realizing that Duo simply doesn’t support group calls on the web, and thus PC, yet. Luckily, we have a fix.
Does Google Duo Web support group call?
Yes. Google is expected to roll out group video calling functionality in the coming week for all of its users.
Until the feature rolls out for you, you can check out the workaround that we have mentioned below.
Read on to find a method that allows you to make and receive Duo group calls on your Windows PC or laptop or a Mac.
Is there a workaround?
Yes! If you have not heard about emulators, you’re in for a treat. As the word suggests, an emulator is an application that allows other applications to run within it. Since we know that the Google Duo mobile application allows group calling, we are going o install an emulator in order to run the Google Duo Android app on a PC.
Bluestacks is a powerful and simple to use Android emulator designed to run on Windows and macOS PCs.
How to make group calls on Duo on PC
Until Google starts rolling out group video calls on Duo for Web, we’ll be using Bluestacks, we are going to install the Google Duo Android app on a Windows PC. Once we sign in to Google Duo, we will be able to make and receive group calls right from the PC.
As mentioned above, Bluestacks is an emulator. Use the link below to download the application.
Download: Bluestacks Emulator for PC
Follow the guide to set up Bluestacks on your PC
- Locate the downloaded installer file named BlueStackInstaller.exe. This will probably be in your ‘Downloads’ folder. Double click the file to launch the installer.
- If you get a notification asking you if you want to install the application, click ‘Run’. The Bluectakcs installer will not launch. Click ‘Instal now’ at the bottom of the installer to begin the installation process.
- The Bluestacks installer will download the necessary file onto your PC. This could take a while depending on your internet speed. Once the download is complete, the Bluestacks application will launch and ask you to sign in with your Google account. Go ahead and sign in, or create a new Google ID if you don’t have one. Use the Google ID you want to use for group video calls with your friends.
Download and set up Google Duo app on your PC
Now that we have our emulator installed, we are going to download the Google Duo Android application and set it up on our PC.
Follow these steps to install Google Duo within Bluestacks.
- Locate the Google Play Stor icon on the Bluestacks home screen.
- Then click the application will launch the Play store. Click the search bar at the top of the app, type in ‘Google Duo’ and hit Enter. You will be directed to the Google Duo application. Click ‘Install’ and wait until the application downloads.
- You will now see the Google Duo application icon on the Bluestacks home screen. Click the icon to launch the Google Duo application.
- Google duo will request to access your microphone and camera in order to make and receive calls as well. Click the ‘Allow’ button.
Make and receive group calls on Duo on PC
Now that the Google Duo Android Application is installed and set up on your PC, go ahead and give it a try.
Make a group call
Click the ‘Create Group’ button on the left panel, and select the users you would like to have a group call with.
Receive a group call on PC
If you receive a group call on Google Duo ID, the call will automatically ring through the Bluestacks Duo application (as long as Bluestacks is running).
Click ‘Join’ to accept a group video call right at your PC!
Here’s how the call screen looks like on Google Duo on PC thanks to BlueStacks.
Can you accept the group called on both PC and phone?
You can only accept a call on one device only.
When you accept a Google Duo call on the PC using Bluestacks, the call will stop ringing on your mobile phone, and vice versa.
Sign in with another Google Account
If the email ID associated with your Google Duo account is the same as your Google Play account, then you need not sign in. The application will automatically use your credentials to sign in.
However, if they do not match, you must sign in with the email ID associated with your Google Duo account. Follow this guide to change your Google account on Google Duo.
- Click the more button (three dots) next to the search bar, and click ‘Settings’
Now select Account > Sign out of Duo on this device. As soon as you are signed out, you will be asked to sign back in with a Google ID.
Alternatively, if your Google Duo account is only associated with a phone number, insert your phone number and click ‘Agree’. You will receive a verification code on the number provided. Input that code in the application and you will be signed in.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this make Google Duo Group calls article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!