Do you use Microsoft team or have you recently started using Microsoft Teams? You receive a lot of emails notifying you about each update and action taken on Microsoft Teams? Do you want to opt-out of them? If yes, then you have landed on the perfect page! We have compiled a simple guide that can help you stop unnecessary emails from your Microsoft Teams account so that you get fewer emails from the service. So in this article, we are going to show you how to get emails from Microsoft teams. Let’s begin this.
- Open Microsoft Teams on your PC (either web or software). Click on your ‘profile icon’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Settings’ to open settings for your Microsoft Teams’ account.
- A dialog box will now open up in your browser window. Click on ‘Notifications’ in the left sidebar of the dialog box.
- You will now see a list of actions on your right that are allowed to send you notifications. Any option that has ‘banner and email’ listed in the drop-down menu is allowed to send you email notifications.
Among the options in the drop-down menu, choose either of Off, Banner, Only show in feed to stop Microsoft Teams. From sending you emails for the given notification. You will need to do this manually for all notification types.
- Microsoft Teams will automatically save the changes made by you. Simply click on the ‘x’ in the top right-hand corner of the dialog box to save your settings and then go back to your Microsoft Teams’ account.
Tip: Eather than taking the pain of disabling emails for every notification type. You can quickly reduce the number of emails by simply removing email option one. The ‘Chat messages’ notifications, and second, all types of ‘Mentions’ notifications.
You should now stop receiving a large number of emails from your Microsoft Teams. You can always re-enable these settings by following the same method in case you want to get notified using your email account.
Have a Great Day!