I was recently setting up my iPad mini, but could not remember the password for my home Wi-Fi network. After spending a few minutes trying to find it in Network Preferences on my Apple MacBook Pro, I realized that I was looking in the wrong spot. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Find WiFi Password on Mac. Let’s begin!
Dating back many OS X versions, passwords have been stored in an application called Keychain Access. So if you are looking for a password that you simply can’t remember, then you are in luck. Read ahead on how to find a Wi-Fi password on Mac…
How to show a Wi-Fi password on macOS
- Type Keychain Access into Spotlight search at the top-right menu bar.
- In the sidebar, make sure you click on Passwords, then search for the network you want the password for and double click on it.
- Then click on Show Password. Confirm your administrator username and password.
- You may be prompted to enter your administrator name and password again.
- The Wi-Fi password should appear in the text box next to Show Password.
Keychain Access also stores your applications, internet, and web form passwords. So you are in luck if you forget one of those too. If password management is something you are not great at, consider looking into 1Password on the Mac App Store. It is a useful app for keeping track of passwords wherever you use them, especially in light of recent events like the Heartbleed bug.
If you know of any other password tricks for macOS, let us know in the comments section down below. You can also read all of our recent password-related articles for not just the Mac, but iOS devices and beyond. Moreover, if you are looking for other tutorials like this one, be sure to check out our quick tips section for other how-tos and helpful articles. Article suggestions are welcome.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this Find WiFi Password on Mac article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!