How to Crop a Photo: You could be tapping some amazing selfies but there are few moments when your picture looks amazing but the background left a little bit awkward. Maybe you’ve all the necessary parameters for a good photo including focus, white balance, tone, and brightness and then you thought that a dirty pair of jeans is left sitting on a chair in the back.
Well, no need to worry! We’ve got you covered. There is still a way or two to save the picture.
How to Crop a Photo:
Cropping yourself or replacing the background from a picture you’re in can only be done through third-party apps on Android. In this guide, we’re using two different apps to crop yourself or an object and past it onto a different background.
Using Cut Cut app
At first download and install the Cut Cut app from Google Play.
Then open the app and tap edit.
A new window open where you’d be shown pictures from your gallery. For the app to show pictures, remember that you grant storage permissions.
Then Select a picture from which you choose to remove a background. This could be a picture you want to crop from its surroundings.
On the next page, you can choose the subject you want to crop from the picture by brushing over it.
Once done the brushed-over portion of the picture is colored in red (with opaqued background).
- You can also change the brush size by sliding through the yellow slider.
- Simply zoom in into the picture to brush the subject with precision.
- By mistake, if you brushed over a portion that needs no be cropped, you can click on the Eraser icon and brush again to undo the mistake.
- You can undo or redo last moves by clicking on the reverse and forward arrows at the top.
Click on the tick mark at the bottom right.
Choose the characteristics and dimensions of the cropped subject:
- Resize: By tapping and dragging the double-headed arrow, you can resize or minimize the subject.
- Duplicate: You can make a duplicate copy of the cropped subject by clicking on the +1 icon.
- Mirror: The cropped picture can be reversed with a mirror effect by clicking on the inverted arrow icon.
- Remove: Clicking the x icon will remove the cropped picture from the background.
Once the cropped picture is tuned, you can then choose a new background for it. Select from either of the following tabs to paste (Ctrl+V) background behind the cropped subject.
- Online: Clicking on the Online tab will get you pictures to select from the Cut Cut app itself for your use.
- Unsplash: Selecting the Unsplash tab will let you choose a background from Unsplash. It specializes in stock photographs from over 110,000 contributing photographers and a library of over 810,000 photos.
- Gallery: When you click on the Gallery tab choose a new background for your cropped picture from your own gallery/internal storage.
Select a picture from any of the three tabs listed above.
Click on the preview picture.
Repeat step 8 if you want to change the cropped image.
After editing click on Save to end the process. The saved picture will be visible on your phone storage.
Using PhotoLayers app
Firstly, Download and install the PhotoLayers app from Google Play.
Now Open the app.
Click on Load a background image.
Choose a picture.
Select the image parameters for the background image.
Click Done. The background picture is now set.
Tap on Add Photo button at the top in the next window.
Choose the picture you want to add as a cropped subject.
Now Adjust the dimensions of the second picture.
In the next window, you can remove the unwanted elements of the overlaying picture. Try different tools to crop the image. These tools are:
- Cursor Offset
Once the cropping-related editing complete, click on Done. The cropped picture will be covering the top of the background that we added before (on Step 6).
You can move and resize the cropped picture by tapping and dragging on any of the arrows on its frame.
Click Save to complete the process.
Click Save again when prompted.
Press Finish to save the edited photo in the gallery.
Here is a complete guide on how to crop a photo. For further queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!
Also Read: Create New Year Greeting Using Canva App