OnePlus has already released a stable Android 10 replace for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. The replace is available for unlocked and worldwide models of the OnePlus 7 Pro however as is the case with software program updates at the carrier-locked model, it hasn’t reached T-Mobile versions yet.
Luckily, if you have a T-Mobile variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro and need to replace to the brand new Android 10 replace, there’s a workaround after which you may deploy Android 10 software in your locked version like you would on an unlocked one.
In this manual, we’ll help you convert your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro tool into an unlocked version and force replace the tool to Android 10.
Get OnePlus 7 Pro Android
The process of updating your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro involves protecting the tool to an unlocked OnePlus 7 Pro strolling on Global ROM. When the conversion is done, you could effortlessly replace the smartphone to Android 10.
Ensure which you returned up all the vital records (inclusive of photographs and movies, contacts, tune, videos, documents, and so forth.) for your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 7 Pro. If you’ve already performed this earlier than coming here, circulate on to the subsequent step.
- Enable Developer Options, then OEM unlocking and then USB debugging:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on About smartphone.
- Tap on Build wide variety a couple of times till you get a notification which you’re now a developer. (You can also want to offer the security password first.)
- Tap on the again button to go again to the principle screen of the Settings app.
- Then Tap on System.
- Tap on Developer options.
- Scroll down a touch and faucet on OEM Unlocking to allow it.
- Find the USB debugging choice and faucet on its toggle button to permit it. Connect the tool to PC the use of the USB cable now.
- A caution pop-up will show up at the phone regarding USB Debugging, tap at the OK button to continue.
- Create a separate folder to your PC and name it global101.
- Now, transfer the TWRP record into the global101 folder.
- Rename the TWRP file to twrp.Img for clean reference.
- Open a command activate inside the global101 folder. For this, open the global101 folder and then type cmd in its address bar, and then hit the enter key.
- Connect your OnePlus 7 Pro to the PC.
- Reboot your OnePlus 7 Pro into Bootloader/Fastboot mode the use of the command underneath:
- adb reboot bootloader
- Check your telephone’s display screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by means of deciding on OK/Yes.
- After your OnePlus 7 Pro boots into bootloader mode, run the subsequent command
- fastboot get var cutting-edge-slot
- In the reference screenshot above, the active slot is b (modern-day slot).
- You will see which slot is energetic between the 2 slots A and B. Switch to the inactive slot. For this, run the subsequent command
- fastboot –set-lively=<inactive_slot_name_here>
- If the lively slot is b, then this command could be: fastboot –set-energetic=a
- If the lively slot is a, then this command could be: fastboot –set-active=b
- Flash the twrp recuperation in your OnePlus 7 Pro in what became the inactive slot. Run
- the following command for this.
- If the active fit in step 8 is b, then run this command: fastboot flash boot_a twrp.Img
- If the active slot in step eight is a, then run this command: fastboot flash boot_b twrp.Img
- Reboot into TWRP restoration. With the device nonetheless in fastboot mode, do that:
- Use quantity keys to convey up the Recovery mode alternative at the tool’s display.
- Press the power button to select it and reboot into recuperation mode wherein you will
- have TWRP recovery now.
- Unplug the phone from the PC.
- Plug in the USB OTG Pen force containing the brand new ROM on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Install the ROM file. Do this:
- On the home display of TWRP, tap on Install.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on USB.
- Browse and choose the ROM.
- Confirm on the subsequent screen.
Global version’s ROM
- Let TWRP install the global version’s ROM on your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro. Wait until it’s finished.
- Now, you need to flash this document once more within the second slot. Otherwise, you may get the Qualcomm crash dump errors. It’s way easier now due to the fact we’ve TWRP now.
- Tap the Home button in TWRP.
- Then Tap on Reboot.
- Tap at the slot that isn’t always your modern slot.
- If the modern slot is A, then faucet on Slot B at the bottom.
- If the present-day slot is B, then faucet on Slot A at the bottom.
- Repeat step 15 to install the ROM again.
- Confirm on the next display screen to start the setup.
- That’s it. Once the system is finished, you’ll have the Android 10 update installed for your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro.
- You can faucet the Reboot button now to restart the tool and experience the Android 10 replace. But you will lose TWRP recovery. To hold TWRP recuperation on Android 10, do the following step rather than tapping the Reboot button.
Android 10 update
- If you want to keep TWRP after Android 10 update, do the beneath:
- Go to the house display screen of TWRP restoration.
- Transfer the TWRP’s ZIP report in case you don’t have it in your device.
- Tap on the Install button, and then pick the TWRP zip file.
- Go returned to the house display of TWRP healing.
- Tap on Reboot > Recovery to reboot into TWRP again.
- When returned in TWRP, faucet on Reboot > System to restart the tool and preserve TWRP.
That’s it. Now you will have each Android 10 update and the TWRP recovery installed.