For Android, iOS, and web Google announced a new feature update to Google Photos. This new feature has private messaging functionality. The functionality lets users can choose to share pictures and videos with others without going through the pain of creating a shared album.
What is the new chat feature
With this new chat feature, two or more users with an active Google account will be allowed to send a message containing a photo or a video.
Users can share photos and videos with friends, family members, and anyone. Make sure they have a Google Account and have the contact’s name, email address or phone number. New chats can be created by opening a picture inside the library and clicking the share button.
Google allowed users to share pictures and videos by creating shared albums. These albums allow users to upload and download the sharing media. However, sending a photo means first creating an album with pre-selected users which was uninspiring by a long shot.
The new feature taking a simple and straightforward approach to sharing media with others. You can select to open a new thread by simply sharing one picture to another user with a Google account and that’s it.
Why should you use Google Photos chat feature
- Share photos and videos super quickly from within the Photos app or without depending on third-party or other social media platforms
- By creating a thread that has the history of all photos and videos with the person or group
- Share with anyone having a Google account, phone number, or email address
- Easy group chat, any user in a group can share photos and videos
- Like and comment on a post like on social media
- Download photos and videos from a thread at any given time
- Works on all Android, iOS, and web
Is this article helpful? Let us know in the comment section below!