Teams checkra1n is out with another update for the checkm8 bootrom exploit based checkra1n jailbreak Friday afternoon. This time bringing the tool up to version 0.9.5 beta.
The new version was declared just this afternoon via Twitter, signaling bug fixes and DFU mode-related improvements:
Mentioning the checkra1n team’s official website, this update integrates the following changes:
- To fix an issue where the user may be signed out of their Apple ID.
- Fixes an issue that caused MobileSubstrate initialization to be delayed
- Detect a case where the user may have an OTA update downloaded, which caused issues for some users
The following issues are caused by incorrect DFU mode entry, please make sure to follow the instructions in the UI:
- where the haptic engine did not work on some devices
- issue when biometrics did not work for some users
- where the touch screen can’t response for some users
- Battery settings panel issue: We look over this issue broadly and found that some libraries and tweaks which some tweaks depend on cause this issue.
- The update includes a new fast DFU sequence. Entering DFU mode should now be safer and more reliable.
- The loading mechanism has improved in this update, which improves the stability of the device.
- If you are experiencing the -20, then you must re-jailbreak with the no-substrate mode option checked in the app. And see if eliminating tweaks resolves your issue.
Checkra1n v0.9.5 appears to address many notable bugs that were reported in previous releases. These bugs are “error 20,” biometric issues, battery panel issues, and more. Despite these fixes, however, this is still a public beta and should be treated as such.
If you want to jailbreak your device with checkra1n, then we’d strongly advise waiting for the official public release. Those who are already using the public beta, however, should feel free to download and deploy the latest iteration from the checkra1n team’s official website to take the edge of the latest bug fixes and improvements.
Did checkra1n v0.9.5 sort out any of the issues you were experiencing with this jailbreak? Let us know in the comments section below!