In this guide, we are sharing steps to install the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LMY47V Firmware update on Nexus 7 WiFi 2012 and 2013. The latest Google’s Android OS version 5.1.1 Lollipop update has been rolled out for the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2012 and 2013). The build number of this update is LMY47V firmware which is now available via over-the-air (OTA). Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 are among those a few lucky devices that received the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware update as other Nexus devices are still waiting for this new Lollipop OTA update.
You can simply check the OTA notification area and can get the latest LMY47V build but if you have either missed Android 5.1.1 OTA update notification or from a certain region where you have not yet get this update then we have a detailed step-by-step guide for you to update Nexus 7 WiFi 2012 and 2013 devices to Android 5.1.1 LMY47V OTA manually. Keep in mind that this is a stock Android 5.1 LMY47O firmware released by Google, not a leaked firmware.
Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device before going ahead.
We will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 7 WiFi during or after the installation of the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA update. Proceed at your own risk.
- Take a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on your Nexus device before proceeding to the installation instructions.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Nexus 7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure that Enable OEM Unlock is checked if you are upgrading your Nexus device that has Android Lollipop already installed
- Make sure that the battery level of your Nexus phone should be at least about 70%.
- The bootloader of the device should be unlocked.
- Download and install the Nexus 7 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The ADB and Fastboot should be configured on your PC.
- Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi should be running Android 5.1 LMY47D to support the new Lollipop build (LMY47V).
- Your Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2013) should be running Android 5.1 LMY47O Lollipop stock firmware.
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LMY47V Firmware on Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2012/2013:
1:- First of all, download and unzip the correct OTA update file and place it in the Platform-Tools directory
For the following process you need the ADB and Fastboot files which are located in the Platform-Tools folder
2:- Connect your Nexus device to the PC using its USB data cable.
3:- Type and enter the following command in the command prompt to make sure that the phone is connected to the PC with the device’s serial number showing up as a connected device.
4:- Next, boot the device into Bootloader or Recovery Mode. To do this, first turn OFF your device and then press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time or enter this command:
adb reboot bootloader
5:- To boot the device now into Recovery Mode:
- Press the Volume Down buttons for 2 times till the twice until you have scrolled to Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- Hold the Power button and press the Volume Up button to enter into Recovery Mode.
6:- While your device is now in recovery mode, highlight applies update from ADB using the Volume Down button and then select it with the Power button.
7:- Now enter the following command:
adb sideload [OTA file].zip
8:- You can see the progress of transferring the update to your Nexus phone in the command prompt.
9:- The device will be restarted automatically and boot to normal mode after the update is completed.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2012 and 2013 to the latest stock Android 5.1.1 LMY47V firmware.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while installing Android 5.1.1 Stock LMY47V firmware on your Nexus 7 WiFi.