The latest version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop can be installed on Galaxy Core Prime (SM-G360F), which is among the few lucky budget smartphones which can now taste the sweetness of Lollipop. The build number of this Android 5.0.2 based OTA update is G360FXXU1BOD9 which is now available for the users in Poland.
Many users have tested this new Lollipop firmware and they found its performance faster, enhanced battery life and user-friendly interface. If you can’t wait for the update to be available on your device then follow the given step by step detailed guide to get Android 5.0.2 carries build number G360FXXU1BOD9 on your Galaxy Core Prime.
This guide containing the Android 5.0.2 build G360FXXU1BOD9 OTA file and instructions are working with only Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device first.
We will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Core Prime during or after the installation process of Android 5.0.2 build G360FXXU1BOD9. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings via a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Core Prime USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Core Prime by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- Your Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F should factory unlocked.
- You should have an unlocked SM-G360F to install the official build G360FXXU1BOD9.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Core Prime is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your Core Prime, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Android 5.0.2 G360FXXU1BOD9 Lollipop Firmware Details:
|Model name||Galaxy Core Prime|
|Build date||Tue, 28 Apr 2015 00:43:41 +0000|
Procedure to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Stock Build G360FXXU1BOD9 on Galaxy Core Prime:
Follow the given steps to update Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop G360FXXU1BOD9 firmware:
1:- First, download the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop G360FXXU1BOD9 firmware (XEO-G360FXXU1BOD9-20150511163251.zip) file for your Galaxy Core and Odin3 v3.09 on the desktop of the PC.
2:- Extract both of the zipped files in a folder on your PC.
3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy Core to boot into Download Mode.
4:- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons altogether.
5:- Run Odin3 v3.09 on the PC (as Administrator).
6:- As the Galaxy Core Prime is currently in Download Mode, connect it with PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue in Odin after the phone is connected successfully.
7:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted and placed on the desktop of your PC.
8:- Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
9:- In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to complete.
10:- Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F will be automatically rebooted.
10:- Disconnect the device from the PC after the home screen appears.
Done! You’ve installed the G360FXXU1BOD9 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop stock build on the Galaxy Core Prime successfully.
Let us know in the comments area below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this Android 5.0.2 stock Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy Core Prime.
Android 5.0.2 G360FXXU1BOD9 stock firmware is now installed and you can enjoy the latest Lollipop features on your Galaxy Core Prime.