AdaptiveDarkMode Lets Jailbreakers Set More Conditions: The dark mode is one of my most favorite new features in iOS 13. But Apple doesn’t give you too many options. As far as switching between light and dark mode is concerned apart from doing so manually and automatically based on the time of day it is.
An iOS developer by the name of Smokin1337 recognized that this as something that could be improved, and with that in mind, a new and free jailbreak tweak called AdptiveDarkMode.
Just as the name implies, AdaptiveDarkMode makes iOS 13’s native dark mode more versatile. When dark mode should be turned on based on specific user-defined circumstances, such as when Do Not Disturb or Low Power Mode are turned on or when the handset’s display brightness level is reduced below a specific threshold.
While installing AdaptiveDarkMode, you’ll find a dedicated preference pane in the Settings app where you can configure the tweak’s options to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Toggle AdaptiveDarkMode on or off on demand
- Configure a custom display brightness sill under which dark mode is automatically turned on
- Automatically allow dark mode when Low Power Mode is turned on
- Manually designate apps that will always show in light mode when running
- Automatically allow dark mode when Do Not Disturb is turned on
- Manually designate apps that will always show in dark mode when running
If you have a checkra1n-supported handset in your ownership and can jailbreak iOS 13. Then this is one of those tweaks that I’d highly recommend downloading as they are free of cost. We’d also like to see Apple themselves to take some notes on some of these features for upcoming iterations of iOS.
Interested users trying AdaptiveDarkMode can download it for free from the Packix repository in their repository manager of choice. Surely, the tweak is only deliberate for jailbroken iOS 13 handsets. As it relies on native dark mode rather than third-party dark mode-centric add-ons.
For further queries and questions let us know in the comments section below!